- Measures up to 2,000 lb-ft (2,700 N.m)
- Accuracy of 2.3 lb-ft (3 N.m) or better
- Use to Measure Rolling Resistance, Brake Drag & Bearing Drag on Highway Trucks
- Used for Regulatory CO2 Emissions and Fuel Consumption Testing
- 20,000 lb-ft (27,000 N.m) Capacity
- Mechanical Protection allows the system to be used under normal driving conditions
- Telemetry or Slip Ring Packages Available
- Adapts to 22.5” rims and larger
- Environmentally protected
- Temperature compensated
- Rugged stainless steel construction
Michigan Scientific’s TWHR2000 Truck Wheel Torque Transducers are highly sensitive torque transducers. Ideal for measuring small variations in wheel torque on highway trucks, these units provide one channel of torque data, and are designed to attach to adapters that simulate production wheel rims. The adapter system is fabricated by generating a profile of the original wheel rim, and designing a hub adapter and rim adapter that duplicate the critical dimensions of the original rim.
The TWHR2000 Truck Wheel Torque Transducers measure up to 2,000 lb-ft and resolves 1 lb-ft (1.5 N.m) with an accuracy of 2.3 (3 N.m) or better over the entire measurement range. Mechanical overload protection allows the transducer to be used under normal driving conditions. Torque and combined steer/camber moment overload ratings of each transducer is 20,000 lb-ft. High grade stainless steel material and weatherproof sealing provide excellent resistance to corrosion and environmental conditions. Temperature compensation ensures stable output throughout a wide temperature range.