- 60,000 lb-ft (81 kN-m) capacity
- Measures combined drive and braking torque of one or two tires
- Adapts to 19.5 inch and larger wheels
- Environmentally protected
- Rugged stainless steel construction
- Temperature compensated
- Consistent sensitivity among all units
- Configured to minimize magnetic sensitivity
The TW-2T-60K-S Wheel Torque Transducers are suitable for class 8 trucks, agricultural and construction equipment, and other large vehicles. One transducer will measure the combined torque load for a dual-wheel set or a single tire. It mounts onto the vehicle using custom designed adapters which duplicate the critical dimensions of the production wheel and place the tires on the production centerline. Being rugged and waterproof, they are capable of on-road and off-road measurements in all conditions.
The TW-2T-60K-S measures all torque developed between the tire patch and the vehicle hub and can be used for drivetrain development to study efficiency and for optimal component design. They are also ideal for brake system component development, as well as anti-lock brake development, traction control, and vehicle stability system design. Measured data can be used for component development, computer modeling, and laboratory simulation and validation.