- Available with 1, 2, or 3 channels
- Cold junction compensated
- High-level voltage signal output
- Precision, low noise, differential amplifier
- Signal is greatly immune to external noise sources
- Units available in K, J, T, and E types
- Wide signal bandwidth, near 1.16 kHz
- Input signals can be grounded or isolated
The Miniature Thermocouple Amplifier is designed to provide cold junction compensation and amplification of thermocouple sensors. These amplifiers may be used in conjunction with Michigan Scientific slip rings. While all Michigan Scientific slip ring assemblies are manufactured with instrumentation quality rings and brushes, greater data accuracy is achieved by locating the thermocouple amplifier on the rotating side of the slip ring. This configuration greatly improves signal quality because the amplifier is located closer to the sensor, which reduces errors due to temperature gradients across dissimilar metals in the slip ring and magnetic interference.
The Miniature Thermocouple Amplifier consists of stable differential amplifiers and a cold junction compensator. Each amplifier provides amplification for one, two, or three thermocouples, depending on the model selected. Amplifiers are available for J, K, E, or T thermocouples. For more channels, more than one amplifier may be used with a single control unit. The amplifiers can be adhered, potted or strapped to many different types of parts. Some Michigan Scientific slip rings are available with the amplifiers built into the rotor.