- Two channel modular amplifier
- Highly accurate bridge excitation
- Provides high level voltage signal outputs
- Externally adjustable shunt resistances
- Externally adjustable gains
- Precision low noise differential amplifiers
- Remote bridge excitation On/Off capability
- Remote shunt calibration capability
The Modular Spinning Strain Gage Amplifier is designed to mount on the rotor (spinning side) of all Michigan Scientific SR series slip rings. Superior data accuracy is achieved by locating the signal amplifier on the rotating side of the slip ring. This configuration greatly improves signal quality because the amplifier is located closer to the sensor, which reduces errors due to long lead wires, connector resistance variations, and electro-magnetic interference.
These Modular Spinning Strain Gage Amplifiers incorporate a precision low drift bridge excitation supply, a stable differential amplifier, and a remotely activated shunt calibration resistor for system span verification.
Each amplifier module provides strain gage bridge excitation and amplification for two channels. For more than two channels, the amplifiers may be stacked or arrayed around an adapter plate. There is also a three channel amplifier, AMP-SG3-U2. Refer to the literature in the Technical Notes section for a wiring schematic of an individual amplifier and recommended wiring techniques when using multiple amplifiers.