- Monitor / Stimulate equipment under test (EUT) with differential CAN Signals at rates up to 1Mbit/s
- RFI/EMI validated for EMC at 200V/m (46dBVm) from 500 kHz to 18 GHz and 600V/m (pulsed 5% duty-cycle & 5μs rise-time) 1GHz to 2.5 GHz
- Low-Power circuitry for operating >30 hours with 3 alkaline ‘AA’ batteries
- Switch selectable termination values of 60Ω, 120Ω, and ∞.
- Fiber-Optic CAN Receiver used with FO-CAN EM Hardened Transceiver
- 4 channel bench top/ rack mount receiver
- Universal AC power input
- Jumper selectable termination values of 60Ω, 120Ω, and ∞.
Two FO-CAN modules combine to create a robust and versatile differential CAN link. In addition, up to four FO-CAN modules can be used with a FO-CAN-R for an economical, multi-channel solution. Custom circuitry was specifically engineered to reduce latency providing a bi-directional link even at rates of 1 Mbit/s with 20 m of fiber-optic cable. The modules are inherently compatible with most differential CAN protocols.
Designed with the tester in mind, the FO-CAN modules have easily selectable termination values of 60 Ω, 120 Ω, and ∞ by the flick of a switch. You will not have to interrupt tests to recharge equipment because a battery run time of more than 30 hours will exceed even the longest tests. The FO-CAN modules are compatible with ‘AA’ sized alkaline batteries for easy replacement, or for a more cost effective option rechargeable batteries may be used. The CAN bus pin-out is standard to most equipment avoiding custom cables. FO-CAN modules have integrated filtering to ensures signal integrity. In addition, the FO-CAN module shielding provides high immunity from electromagnetic interference (EMI) and electromagnetic pulse (EMP), while providing low radiated emissions. This allows for uncompromising electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing/engineering. The FO-CAN modules are validated for EMC up to 200 V/m (46 dBV/m) at 500 kHz to 18 GHz, and 600 V/m (pulsed 5 % duty-cycle, 5 μs rise-time) 1 GHz to 2.55 GHz.