- Ideal for automotive half shaft torque measurements
- Mounts on shafts up to 1.24” in diameter
- Rugged stainless steel construction
- Permanently lubricated bearings
- Instrumentation quality rings and brushes
Michigan Scientific’s B7-1.24W Weatherproof Slip Ring Assembly is ideal for applications that require a slip ring to be mounted directly on a rotating shaft. The B7-1.24W was designed to make long-term, all-weather (not submersible), torque measurements on automotive half shafts, but can be used in other applications with a shaft up to 1.24” in diameter. The slip ring sealing system protects against water spray, grit, dust, mud, slush, and snow.
Connections to strain gages, thermocouples, and other sensors are made via color-coded solder terminals located on the slip ring rotor. Each slip ring assembly includes a 15 ft stator cable with a protective rubber boot for the connector at the slip ring.