- 11,200 lb (50 kN) radial load capacity
- 5,600 lb (25 kN) lateral load capacity
- 4,800 lb-ft (6,500 N-m) moment capacity
- Measures 3 forces and 3 moments
- Measures X & Z accelerations
- Adapts to 12” and larger wheels
- Low cross axis sensitivity
- Environmentally protected
- Temperature compensated
- Rugged stainless steel construction
- Tested to SAE J328 fatigue strength standard
The LW12.8-50 Wheel Force Transducer (WFT) is capable of measuring all of the wheel forces and moments on passenger cars and light duty trucks. It provides independent output signals for vertical, lateral, and longitudinal forces as well as camber, steer, and torque moments. Being completely weatherproof, it is ideal for on-road and off-road measurements in all conditions. It can also be used to monitor and control laboratory tests.
The matching amplifier package easily mounts onto the transducer. It amplifies and digitizes the transducer signals before they pass through the slip ring. The amplifier package also includes X and Z acceleration outputs and performs remote shunt calibration of the transducer.
The CT2 Transducer Interface Box performs real-time coordinate transformation and cross-talk compensation, and outputs analog, CAN, and Ethernet signals. An embedded web page allows the user to configure the WFT system.