- 14,500 lb (65 kN) radial load capacity
- 7,850 lb (35 kN) lateral load capacity
- 7,700 lb-ft (10.5 kN-m) moment capacity
- Measures 3 forces and 3 moments
- Measures X & Z accelerations
- Adapts to 12” and larger wheels
- Low cross axis sensitivity
- Environmentally protected
- Temperature compensated
- Rugged stainless steel construction
- Swappable slip ring or telemetry system for signal transmission
The LW65 Wheel Force Transducer (WFT) is capable of measuring all of the wheel forces and moments on passenger cars, SUVs, and light duty trucks. It provides independent output signals for vertical, lateral, and longitudinal forces as well as camber, steer, and torque moments. The LW65’s robust, IP67 design is ideal for the harshest track and off-road measurements as well as non-spinning applications to monitor and control laboratory test rigs. For spinning applications, the LW65 offers the convenience of utilizing an outboard slip ring signal transmission or in-board telemetry signal transmission.
When using an outboard slip ring, the amplifier package easily mounts onto the transducer. It amplifies and digitizes the transducer signals before they pass through the slip ring. The amplifier package also includes X and Z acceleration outputs and performs remote shunt calibration of the transducer. Michigan Scientific Slip Ring Assemblies are known worldwide for their signal quality and robust design.
The CT2 Transducer Interface Box performs real-time coordinate transformation and crosstalk compensation, and provides analog and CAN signal outputs. EtherCAT signal outputs are also available. An embedded webpage allows the user to easily configure the WFT system.