- 50,000 lb (222 kN) radial load capacity
- 25,000 lb (111 kN) lateral load capacity
- Measures 3 forces and 3 moments
- Measures X & Z accelerations
- Monitors combined loads of one or two tires
- Adapts to 19.5 inch and larger wheels
- Environmentally protected
- Temperature compensated
- Rugged stainless steel construction
The LW-2T-50K Wheel Force Transducer (WFT) is capable of measuring all of the wheel forces and moments on Class 8 trucks. It provides independent output signals for vertical, lateral, and longitudinal forces as well as camber, steer and torque moments. The system is completely weatherproof making it ideal for on-road and off-road measurements. It can also be used to monitor and control laboratory tests. One sensor measures the combined loads for a dual wheel set or a single tire.
The matching amplifier package easily mounts onto the transducer. It amplifies and digitizes the transducer signals before they pass through the slip ring. The amplifier package also includes X and Z acceleration outputs and performs remote shunt calibration of the transducer.
The CT2 Transducer Interface Box performs real-time coordinate transformation and cross-talk compensation, and outputs analog, CAN, and Ethernet signals. An embedded web page allows the user to configure the WFT system.