When We Use Your Personal Data
MSC may request that you provide certain personal data when you:
- download a file from our Website;
- request a service from MSC;
- sign up for commercial communications; or
- submit a contact request
MSC may use personal data to:
- perform contractual obligations or take pre-contractual measures;
- provide you with a requested service;
- get in touch with you upon your request;
- engage in (direct) marketing activities;
- engage in personalized communications and advertising (with your consent); and
- improve and analyse the use of the Website.
Where legally required, we will request your permission to use your personal data. In other cases, MSC is legally allowed to process your personal data if the following is necessary:
- for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take pre-contractual steps at your request;
- for compliance with a legal obligation to which MSC is subject; or
- for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by MSC or by a third party.
You have the legal right to:
- request access to your personal data;
- request the rectification and erasure of your personal data;
- request a restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- submit a request for data portability;
- object to the processing of your personal data, especially where MSC processes your personal data for marketing related profiling;
- withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data at any time; and
- lodge a compliant with the competent supervisory authority,
MSC will not retain personal data longer than necessary or allowed under applicable data protection law. When determining the relevant retention periods we will take into account the following:
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- (potential) disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Without prejudice to MSC’s use of third party supplies and vendors who act as data processors, MSC may disclose your data to the following third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- the MSC distributor and official re-sellers in your territory;
- parties involved in performing an agreement entered into between MSC and you or your company;
- MSC’s affiliated entities;
- MSC’s external advisors;
- (potential) investors or parties interested in acquiring (a part of) MSC’s business; and
- other third parties to whom MSC is obliged or entitled to disclose the data by virtue of applicable law or by order of a court or other competent authority.
Transfer Outside EEA
For technical and organizational reasons it may be necessary that personal data is transferred to servers located in the US, or to servers located in other countries outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). If MSC transfers personal data to a country outside of the EEA that does not offer an adequate level of data protection, MSC will ensure compliance with applicable law by way of implementing legally accepted safeguards.
Cookies and Similar Techniques
- Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device when you use the Website. Functional and technical cookies are necessary to enable you to use the Website, and to allow us to measure and improve the effectiveness and quality of our Website.
Listed below are the cookies and similar techniques used on the Website.
MSC uses Google Analytics to analyse visitor behaviour on the Website by way of anonymized data.