Michigan Scientific Corporation (MSC) has an immediate need for full time machinists to begin working in 2021.
MSC is looking for candidates interested in working at our state of the art machine shop in Charlevoix, MI.
This position will require applicants to read engineering prints, fabricate components, and perform quality inspections. All required training will be provided.
Applicants should have a strong aptitude for hands on work and should possess or be willing to learn machining skills. Learn more about our machine shop here.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Reading engineering prints and drawings
- Following quality protocol
- Fabricating components using manual lathes and mills, as well as CNC equipment
- Inspect and measure components
- Communicate and coordinate with other employees to efficiently time production needs
- Willingness to learn new skills and techniques
- Strong ability for performing hands on work
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to independently determine tasks and complete them in a timely manner
- Competitive wage
- Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Vacation Time
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Optional Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
Michigan Scientific was incorporated in 1960 and has a team of over 100 engineers, technicians, machinists, and fabricators. We are a leading manufacturer of automotive test equipment and specialize in obtaining measurements from rotating equipment. Our product lines include slip rings, force transducers, signal conditioning electronics, wireless telemetry, fiber-optic systems, and load wheel transducer systems. We also routinely design and manufacture custom force transducers.
If you are interested in joining the Michigan Scientific team, please fill out an application here.